Horizon Fostering Services Ltd
- Horizon Fostering Services is a well-established (year 2000) medium sized independent fostering agency based in North London.
- We are Ofsted approved and registered, and a London Care Placements Contractor.
- Our aim is to provide Local Authorities throughout London and the South East with safe, nurturing, stable family placements – we achieve this by working in partnership with them, with our carers and other professionals.
- We provide high quality foster care placements for children and young people aged 0 to 18 years.
- Our carers come from a diverse range of ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds and we believe this is one of our strengths.
- We believe that placements which are well managed and supported, lead to better outcomes for children and carers.
- Over the past 10 years we have grown steadily and have gained an excellent reputation for supporting our carers.
You can contact us by phone at our London office on 020 8200 2353 – we will be delighted to hear from you.
Horizon’s Experienced Management and Fostering Team
Everyone at Horizon Fostering Services is fully dedicated to supporting ‘looked after children’ and their foster carers.
Director Shadab is a qualified social worker with over 20 years post qualifying experience. He has an MA in social work and has worked in Local Authorities and the NSPCC as a manager before setting up Horizon Fostering Services in 2000. His main area of interest is protecting vulnerable children and in providing them with new opportunities. He has experience of working with children in need, looked after children and child protection cases.
Fostering Manager Barry is a qualified social worker with over 22 years post qualifying experience. He was a team manager for 19 years and worked with children in need, looked after children and child protection cases. He managed a Local Authority fostering team and acted as their professional advisor. He joined Horizon in March 2006.
The rest of Horizon’s team have between them a wealth of experience gained from a variety of different settings all of which contributes to a well-informed, supportive and stable team. We are a medium sized team with a friendly, professional approach to our work; made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures and religions. We value our staff and are committed to helping them explore their interests through training and personal development.
Our Mission – Aims, Objectives and Values
Horizon aims to provide foster care placement services of the very highest quality to Local Authorities, and in so doing promote the best interests of looked after children and young people.
We aim to give every child or young person, who cannot live with their family of origin, a chance to experience stable family life.
Our objective is to recruit and train, to a very high standard, sufficient numbers of foster carers to meet Local Authority demand for high quality, local foster care placements.
Our Core Values
At Horizon, “helping to rebuild young lives” is at the heart of everything we try to do – it is a role we have taken on with passion and commitment. We believe every child should have the opportunity to explore life, to make mistakes, to learn and to grow in a safe, secure family environment. READ our Statement of Purpose
About Our Fostering Agency Service
- As a carer you are never more than a phone call away from 24 hour support, provided by our friendly professional staff.
- We pride ourselves on maintaining a personal service to our carers and clients, and will take whatever time is needed to get to know them as individuals.
- We take great care in matching the level of children’s needs to our carer’s ability to meet those needs.
- We never forget the impact that culture, ethnicity, identity, religion, gender and disability can have on a child’s life, and we reflect this in our placement considerations.
- We aim to provide the very best in foster care placements, in terms of quality, choice and support.
Our Foster Carers
- Our foster carers are our greatest assets, without them we would not be able to offer children and young people the quality, diversity, choice and stability in care that we feel is so important.
- We respect diversity and seek to recruit people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures and ethnicities.
- We welcome people with disabilities, and would be particularly interested in hearing from those, wishing to care for people with a disability.
- We feel it is important to know our carers and for them to know us, which is why we invest a great deal of time and effort in building relationships with each one of our carers.
- We pride ourselves on our personal touch and you will always be able to speak to a member of staff.